Architect of self expression. Curator of color.
I am an admitted Tea-aholic, lover of birds, student of life, mother of many, and companion to one. I live and work in the mountains of Tennessee, creating glamour with makeup and shifting self-image with bodypainting. When I’m not working, you can usually find me in the garden, or cuddling cats. I especially love to create events supporting other bodypainters in the region and sharing bodypaint as a Fine Art form. I showcase my art on bodies wherever creative minds and artful hearts take me.
I have been working in the industry since 2001 both for myself and for a variety of cosmetic companies, including MAC cosmetics. Over the years I earned several certifications with MAC, and enjoyed an incredible career with them for over a decade.
My studio is located in the heart of downtown Johnson City TN, alongside Keith Dixon Studios, my husband’s photography business. We opened in 2011 and have been full time artists ever since. Together we create both separately and collaboratively on body painting, weddings, portraits, head-shots, underwater fashion/bodypainting, and other artistic endeavors....and occasionally drive each other crazy as well. I like to think we're the good kind of crazy; bourbon drinking, painting, traveling, living-your-dreams-out-loud kind of crazy.
I continually seek education both in makeup artistry and bodypainting to keep my skills current. I travel far and wide in order to bring the best quality to our area. Also...because I love to travel. After all, this isn't a job, it's a lifestyle.
Some of the highlights of my makeup career
Working with the Avett Brothers on three projects;
- Asheville Halloween show, assisted by Zack Russell, 2014.
- Key makeup artist for “Ain't No Man” music video 2016
Key makeup artist for “No Hard Feelings” music video 2016.
- Key makeup artist for the three short film book trailers promoting “Serafina and the Black Cloak”, “Serafina and the Twisted Staff”, and "Serafina and the Splintered Heart" by award-winning, best selling author Robert Beatty, produced by Bonesteel Films. All three of the short films can be seen on the Serafina and the Black Cloak Book Trailers playlist on YouTube.
Other achievements include:
- Makeup for pop artist Kristine W
- MAC Product Specialist certification
- MAC Dream Team (San Francisco industry event)
- MAC Impact Team for the state of TN
- Key Makeup for short film “The Mastiff Revolver”
- Makeup for YouTube celebrity Chris Crocker
- Makeup for TLC pilot show “Extreme I do's” (Jonesborough wedding segment)
- Assisting Jordu Schell (Hollywood creature designer) in special effects class, 2015
- Work published in People magazine, Surreal magazine, Pink Bride, WNC Women, Aspire, VIPSeen, Savvy Business Women, Virtuosity, and Marquee magazine.
- Curated bodypainting exhibitions and the Body Art Guild in the Tri-cities since 2009.
Originally self-taught in body paint, I learned the basics through photo shoots and even hosting my own body paint shows. Fortunately for all of us, I have taken classes since then.
I began competing in 2014 and currently hold the North American title for UV bodypainting champion.
My list of bodypainting achievements include:
- Current UV bodypainting champion for North America
- Ranked #5 in North America, pro category 2017
- 3rd place 2014 in emerging artist category for Living Art America, the North American championships
- 2nd place 2015 in emerging artist category for Living Art America, the North American championships
- 2014; participated in the first annual NYC bodypainting day
- Assisted Cheryl Ann Lipstreau at the World Bodypainting Festival in Austria, 2015